YouOS – Online Computing platform
Filed under: Computers, Links, News, Organizers, Reviews, Services
YouOS is an experiment in a new kind of computing platform.
- Access from anywhere.
Create a document at an office computer, drive home, continue right from where you left off.
- Built-in sharing.
Instantly share music, documents and more with your buddies.
- An application community.
Everyone from professional software engineers to high school age programmers can participate at no cost. Choose from a growing list of over 301 released applications developed by our users.
Some of the features include:
- Using the RichTextEditor, create a document, and save it.
- Using YouFiles, open previously created documents, share them with others, and open other people’s shared files.
- Using Chat, make chat channels and have discussions in them.
- Using YouBuddy, instant message other people in YouOS.
- Using YouSticky, make and save sticky notes.
And most importantly,
But it works. Right now, wou can write YouOS apps that use our servers to save data. You can write an application that has its own chat. You can write an app that receives text messages from your mobile phone. And of course, you can use our existing apps to chat, create documents you can access from anywhere, and more. And we’ve got lots of new things on the drawing board (as well as a good number of bugs to fix.)
If Google is gonna work on their OS, then keeping in m ind the Google spreadsheets, calender, writely, paint, notebook, even their OS is bound to be web interactive. In some ways similar to YouOS.
You can get a free account at YouOS.com. A demo is also available.
Tags: youos, operating system, OS, open source
Some screen shots: