K-Lite Codec Pack
Generally the Windows Media Player isn’t updated with the latest Codecs and so you might be unable to play the file in your computer. K-Lite comes to your rescue. K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools. Codecs are required to encode and/or decode (play) audio and video. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play 99% of all the movies that you download from the internet.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
– It it always up-to-date with the latest versions of the codecs.
– It is very user-friendly and the installation is fully customizable, meaning that you can install only those components that you really want.
– It has been very well tested, so that the package doesn’t contain any conflicting codecs.
– It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
There are three versions of the K-Lite Codec Pack: Basic, Standard and Full.
• K-Lite Codec Pack Basic contains only the most essential things. It contains everything you need to be able to play the most popular and widespread formats. It is small enough to fit on a single floppy. Also great for including on your movie CDs.
• K-Lite Codec Pack Standard contains everything you need to play all the commonly used formats. This package should be enough for the average user.
• K-Lite Codec Pack Full contains even more codecs. It also has encoding support for the various formats. This package is for power users and people who do their own encodings.
The pack is freeware and is pretty small: 12 to 17 mb (depending on what pack you choose). Tip by Varun Suresh!
K-Lite Codec Pack [Download]
Filed under: Downloads, Entertainment, Softwares | Leave a Comment